As competition for surface and groundwater supplies and renewable water sources continues to increase throughout the Southwest, the need for superior advice in matters of water policy and water law has never been greater.
Montgomery & Interpreter, PLC has a strong foundation in all aspects of water policy water law, including tribal water rights, the acquisition, identification, and evaluation of water rights, water wheeling, transfers and exchanges. We also help clients navigate the many political, administrative, environmental and other challenges that can stand in the way of the effective protection and use of water supplies.
Our Government Relations team provides policy guidance to our clients in all aspects of water policy, including:
- Coordination with tribal, federal, state and local governments, state and federal agencies, and other interested stakeholders regarding water policy and water related issues
- Water acquisitions, permits, transfers and exchanges
- Effluent uses and sales
- Pursuit of grant and funding resources for water use and development projects
- Central Arizona Project (CAP) water uses, leases and exchanges
- Federal, state and Tribal approval issues
- Water banking, recharge, and storage opportunities
- Water settlements
- Development, implementation and management of water development projects authorized or funded by federal or state legislation, grants or cooperative agreements
- Comprehensive water use planning and infrastructure development
- Analysis of environmental implications of water development and use
- Drought mitigation and emergency disaster relief
- Arizona Active Management Area (AMA) issues